I hope all the brothers and their families are doing well and staying safe. As the Lodge remains dark while we work through this pandemic it is important to remember that the welfare and safety of our members and their families comes first. After a conversation with Most Worshipful is was deemed prudent to once again cancel all masonic activities for the month of June. Our Official Visit tentatively set for July 1st is still undecided - stay tuned!
I have been busy working with Master Masons Association of Northern Nevada (MMANN), and their efforts to collect donations for the Northern Nevada Food Bank and Three Squares in southern Nevada. Contributions have been going well and as of May 17th we have collected approximately $3600. I anticipate that we will be disbursing these funds sometime in June and am hoping for a strong finish in our fundraising efforts.
I hope all the officers have remained busy with their Masonic work, not only their current position but also what may come next year. Thank you officers, I have received all the required votes to pay the bills as necessary through August
Remember Brothers as Masons we have a duty to all Brothers and all mankind to spread brotherly love and compassion. There is no better time than during this pandemic to do our work. May God bless all the Brothers and their families and keep them safe.
- Received a “thank you letter” from the Shriners Hospital for the $100 the Lodge gave in memory of Ken Grotte.
- Received a “thank you letter” from Masonic Charities for the $500 the Lodge donated for providing food through the Food Banks of Nevada. The effort of all Lodges stands at almost $3600 raised through May!!!
- Golf Tournament set for June is on hold with a backup dates in August.
- Bills are paid: Shrine rent ($200), NV Secretary of State ($50), Lodge Secretary ($120), Membership to Master Masons of Northern Nevada ($25), and donations listed above $600). Bills are approved by Master and three officers as prescribed by the constitution.
- If anyone needs HELP, call a Brother!! Heck, call the Master 772-8840!
Worshipful Master Randy Subia